A medium where i can reveal my feelings, thoughts w/o having to care about the consequences it had on others.

Friday, November 21, 2008

Volunteerism at work

Seems like the organisation i applied to be a volunteer doesnt reply to me. Duno is it they are busy, or they have enough volunteers or im not capable yet to be qualifed as a volunteer. I do know it does carry risk being as the volunteer. Perhaps i can share my experience as being a volunteer as part of my day job.

Dear Sir/Mdm

I have doing volunteer work as part of my day job. Even im being paid to do so, I actually doing a 2 person's job as my collegue is a disable in his own sense. I have to say he is a challenge as his mentally capacity and attitude is the worst i came across so far, and he denials of having this mental disorder.

There are times when i almost gave up the the heaps of work load to complete within the pressing time, but im always ready to extend my assistance to this disable college. He is so slow and so inefficient as if he wasnt there, and no traces of work done by him can be found. But the company adores him as a free loader.

His physical capacity cant even handle the only one task assigned to him and he needs the whole day to do that work. His disorential sense of time also reduce his efficiency in work. His disability seem disappear once he can leave home after work.

I have to say its a challenge and its good to know that my company hired him as give him salary so he will not starve and assign me to help this poor, old, self centered middle age man who seems to be incapable to work as a team but as a parasite sucking the life out of me.

Asides from my this disable collegue who gave me adequate training in terms of tolerance, patience, self sacrifice, i also have to serve disable people who calls in and pour out their frustration.

Yes, im also a counsellor who lends a listening ear to those who have unfortunately invest in this white elephant company and want to hurl verbal abuse and vent their unpleansant experiences. I am a sponge,a punching bag who will absorb all their blows and reducing the damage to my elephant coy as i believe this coy is a good coy as it feeds my disable worker and fires all the rest just to provide a living for him. What a wise choice! The company knows those capable workers who left are strong and leaving the weak under the care of their wings. And of cos, im the care taker, who assigned to take charge of this poor old man.

Thus, i believe i have sufficient experience as being a volunteer and will be of a great help in the upcoming events ahead. Another reason for me to be a volunteer asides from the joy of assiting people who are less fortunate, i also want to distinct my senses as who are the really disable and those who are not as it seems even people who are mentally well, physicall well, seems to be disable which really distort my sense of judegement. I have to say, its a being to volunteer for a cause, i can seek this answer to this question.


Regards

Underdog25

Always readily to assit

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
A typical underdog among the 6.6 billion homo sapiens who seeks to spend its remaining time to bring happiness to his loved ones. Constantly questioning how much and when is enough to attain a balance of success n happiness and to define one's purpose of existance instead conforming to unspoken society's pressures n norms.