A medium where i can reveal my feelings, thoughts w/o having to care about the consequences it had on others.

Sunday, December 30, 2007

Self Worthness?

Suddenly a feeling of uselessness overwhelm me. After finishing my last paper, it has been 2 months, yet i havnt secure a job. My goal has change since i begin my job hunting.

Initially went to P company, ZR(a friend) ask me to accy him since he ask the interviewer whether he can bring a friend. That time, i felt like a extra because i wasnt the one P company was asking for. Nevertheless, the no basic pay and its ok job scope dont appeal to me. And I thought i still have time till end of the year.

My 2nd interview was with another bank. This time round i went with ZR again, but it was a concidence. Amazing. However, after the interview, after a few hours i got home, i got my reject letter. Apparantly, my relevent experience and speech fail to impress the interviewers. I wasn't keen with the job, but it offer the incentive i looking for. Reflecting on the interview, i was kinda glad i wasnt accepted since i think i wont be able to cope with the pressure that came with the job.

My 3rd interview, my first "got it on my own" interview. I was happy. It was a famous bank, and the job was a position i was keen. Like my other previous interview, i prepare dilligently. Once i got there, the interview last only 10 minutes, compare to the others which last around 30-45min. It was short and i think i perform badly. Firstly, i thought i was keen on the job, yet when he describe the job, i knew what he was offering and i clearly know what i was applying, however it seems that moment it wasn't the job i looking for. Is it because of fear of doing something new and not being to be able to excel, or is it the pay (he quote $100 lesser, but i think live with it) or is it i think, i can get better offers than this price with this position in other banks? I left the place with a heavy heart and know thinking back, i should have be more enthuastic about the position. Im just a graduate, with no relevent experience. There are plenty of people who can easily replace me.

Now, its just a few hours before the 2008, and im still living off my aging parents. Sometimes i choose to numb myself by indulging in other activities...like my friend say once to me "It sucks to be you" (Although he didnt say it based on this subject, however, i can see this attitude applying in my daily life.

I dare not say im a unfortunate kid as i have a supportive mum who cares, a dad which i did not call him, i see him as a guy who bring home the bread (but its not a normal family), a smaller brother who i think he is still immature in his thinking. I have gone my own taste of achievement and failure which change my attitude in the past 25 years. And its still a long way for me to polish myself from a rough stone to hopefully someone who can support himself and his family.

Haha. Think i write all this down, so that i can reflect on my thoughts and convince myself "Hey, u been there, and u have the potential to make it, dont give up yet, because others havnt give up on u"

Its just a simple matter of getting a job, yet it had become a burden on me, because i cant get one. Haha, i have to admit im useless, incapable but i wont give up.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
A typical underdog among the 6.6 billion homo sapiens who seeks to spend its remaining time to bring happiness to his loved ones. Constantly questioning how much and when is enough to attain a balance of success n happiness and to define one's purpose of existance instead conforming to unspoken society's pressures n norms.