A medium where i can reveal my feelings, thoughts w/o having to care about the consequences it had on others.

Thursday, February 21, 2008

1 sec

"Boss, 2day last session..." this is what i say before i left the company on 20th Feb. I have to go at the company training commences. I have missed 2 company trainings. I felt bad..but i dont have a choice.

"Can i pass this ippt test?" i dont think so.

I was half awake in the train, making my way to the camp. I was mentally tired, being drained by the work and a bothersome client that got me flustered.

I clear all static stations except sbj. Haha...i knew it. But i still have to go for the 2.4km run. Why, since i already failed my static station?

Reason: If i do pass my 2.4km, all i failed is 1 station, i may have a higher chance of not going RT, but just do a early retest, or pehaps gain sympathy from the guys who have the power to let me off the hook. I want to escape the worst possible case scenario - Since u have defaulted, whatever RT u did for the past 2 months are due for last year period, thus you are still eligible to clear this year ippt, and you have failed again, thus you need to go for another RT phase 1....

I have to run. i feel so shitty and despo. Running at 9pm, with the cold wind blowing, stressed by this thought, i had to warm up my strained muscles which i had trained everyday after work, just for this day, to pass.

Every round, i ran, i kept recalling abt how hard i train after work diligently, how hard i push myself despite the tiredness, i predict the pain i feel if i have to go another RT again..and my boss will be so disappointed with all the training i skipped...and all the time i have to sacrifice to come to this camp, pushing the work load to my collegues, which they will to a certain extend im avoiding work.

Theres a saying i heard in my JC years, "u ask a person what does 1 year mean to a person, u ask a repeat student, u ask what is 1 sec meant to a person, u ask a runner who missed by 1 sec" I clearly have experienced both parts of the quote.

12.41...the time on the score board, after i dash past the finish line. Did i pass? i walk with a limping foot to a score board, the pass timing was 12.40. I cant believe i fail by 1 sec. All my efforts after work, changing to my jogging attire, running regardless the weather, how tired i am, to condition my body for this run since i got confirmation for this job. 1 sec. I have to miss by 1 sec. Im really a underdog.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
A typical underdog among the 6.6 billion homo sapiens who seeks to spend its remaining time to bring happiness to his loved ones. Constantly questioning how much and when is enough to attain a balance of success n happiness and to define one's purpose of existance instead conforming to unspoken society's pressures n norms.