A medium where i can reveal my feelings, thoughts w/o having to care about the consequences it had on others.

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Is it real? Is It? Some1 tell me!

"No more banking jobs" i affirmed in my previous posting and i choose to reject the offer if the dealer position calls me. I never it expect to call me.

It call me, say im accepted for this position at 4.30pm when i was about to walk across the zebra crossing, after a visit to recruit express. Time momentarily stop..."Acceptance" is a taboo word for me in my job search. Never once i did got any offers. She continued, "the benefits are as follows: 2plus k, midnight shift..blah blah..." It was wonderful...i can sense she was smiling and chatting happily over the ear piece...she know i was glad to accept the offer...

i reply " when can i start work?" She respond "u need come down get letter of appointment" "ok, when i need to come down" i replied. She say either tomorrow or next monday will be ok, i instinctly decided 2mor will be good, time settle at 1030 at lvl 2 of tat building.

I was in cloud 9 temporary...have my search come to an end...my daily routine of waking up, loggin in to job database, reading classified, has ended? i begin to realise, i have yet to tell them about my RT commitment...thus 2mor will then know whether i do can qualified for this position...

During this time, many dear friends has supported me in their own way especially Marcus (recommend me the job, tolerate my nonsence), Kelvin (tolerate my nonsense, share wit me his knowledge, help with my resume), Kongming (my resume Editor-of-Chief, Advicer,listening ear), Dexter (entertainer, tolerate my crap, listening ear), Wendy (supporter, take my nonsense, entertain me now n then), Joey (recommend me job, supporter, listening ear), Boon (Resume advicer, tips giver, listening ear), Mark (Entertainer, share "ho liao" wit me), ZR (Entertainer, crap loader and giver, listening ear, daily stock news to free my mind, msn chat mate), Kenny (listening ear, advicer)and Jianning, Advin, Ally, Goof has lent me their ears and support when i needed assurance. Thank you all.

i cant believe i had applied 3 different positions given by the same company, and being rejected twice and went through many interviews before i land on this job...an a entry level position to the banking sector...my initial first choice, and the position "a dealer" one who transacts securities for customers...one which is also one of my favourite banking position.

I'm so happy, delighted, and free...and 2mor once i really do get to touch and confirm the letter of appointment, im goin to embark on another journey, a journey that i knw i will face many new challenges. I will do whatever it takes to become the best i can in the field i chosen. Thank you for giving me the opportunity, tolerance of my mistakes and acceptance of my imperfection. Greatly appreciated.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
A typical underdog among the 6.6 billion homo sapiens who seeks to spend its remaining time to bring happiness to his loved ones. Constantly questioning how much and when is enough to attain a balance of success n happiness and to define one's purpose of existance instead conforming to unspoken society's pressures n norms.